Monday, April 18, 2011

So Big

Babies grow quickly.  If you have one, you already know this, if you don't have one yet, you will find this out soon.  As parents, we don't always notice the small changes that happen or realize just how big they really are getting.  We rely on others that don't see the baby as often to remind us of this with comments like "wow, she is getting so big" or "I can't believe how much she has grown in just a week."  We simply don't "see" it because we are with them every day.  So my pointer of the day is to...

take monthly pictures!

My cousin started this tradition with her little boy.  Each month she would put a poster with the phrase "I'm _____ month's old today!" printed on it.  I just HAD to borrow her idea.  So each month on the date my baby girl was born I prop her up next to the poster and take a picture. 

You can make the poster as big or as small as you like but I suggest using the same size poster every month.  I bought sticky note letters so that I could easily change out the month words and I have it on a thick poster board that stands easily when leaning up against something.  It's such a wonderful keepsake and marks each month with a wonderful memory that show just how big she is getting.

Happy photographing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment