Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy Trails

Before we left on our vacation to Maui, I asked every mom I know what I should or shouldn't bring with me on our trip with an almost 6 month old.  Here is what I found the most useful (in no particular order)...

1.  Umbrella Stroller - we purchased a First Years one for $40 at WalMart.  It was a lifesaver!  It was totally lightweight, folded up nicely, had shoulder straps and was used day and night.  She even napped in it!
2.  Boppy - bring this on the plane!  Whether or not you breast feed, it will save your arms and your lap through the plane ride. Also bring an extra cover for it.
3.  Bathing Suits - if you are planning on swimming while you are at your destination, bring 2 per day.  You don't want the baby sitting in a wet bathing suit.
4.  Hat - be sure to bring 1 or 2 good hats for those outdoor moments.
5.  Disposable bibs - see my previous post
6.  Bath Towels - I only brought 2 and wish I had brought more for after bath times.
7.  Lightweight Blanket - I used mine as a breast feeding cover in the plane, to put her in the grass, as a blanket in the stroller.  I only brought 2, but maybe could have brought a couple more.
8.  Extra PJ's - pack 2 sets for the plane rides (planes are typically cold) and one for each night you are there, plus a couple of extras.
9.  Travel Wipes case - I only brought enough wipes with me for the plan ride and bought wiped when I got their.  I then filled the travel case to go to the beach and out at night.
10.  Buy the rest - If you can buy it when you get to your destination...DO!  It will save you so much space and weight in your luggage.  We bought wipes, diapers, swimmer diapers, baby food and baby oatmeal once we got to Maui.  It may have cost a little extra to buy it there, but it was cheaper then paying for an overweight suitcase!

I really hope that this helps you pack for a trip!  Comment below if you can think of anything else that is essential :)

No comments:

Post a Comment