Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Write It Down

It's hard, I know.  Who really has time to journal when your a new parent?  Certainly not me! But I do have time to write down a few sentences at the end of the day.

Get a calendar. 

One of those planners that are arranged weekly and that has plenty of space for each date to write a few sentences down.  Write at the end of each day something special that happened.  You will be happy you did!


When we first brought my little girl home, I thought for sure I would remember when everything happened!  First bath, first visitor, day her umbilical cord fell off, etc.  But I didn't and you won't.  Of course you will remember that it happened, but you are going to be so busy and so tired that in a few weeks, you'll be saying "when did that happen?"  I have already looked back at the planner and it's only been 6 weeks.  Trust me, you will be happy you wrote it all down!

(I got this pointer from a nurse at my doctors office...thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment